Thursday, December 16, 2010

Rule of Law:

The rule of law is that there are procedures you need to follow if you want to make a case against anyone that has taken the initiative in going over your rights of ownership, and you have to thoroughly follow up on them if you want your case to win. In my talks with my cousin, the one thing that he told me that really stuck out was how he stressed that I should read up on as many details as I possibly can about the matter in either books or on the internet. The knowledge that I retain is vital.
[page 207]If you’re interested in hands-on, step-by-step instructions on obtaining copyright protection, you may want to consult The Copyright Handbook.
Without an understanding of the laws and how they are governed, there’s always the chance that I could make a mistake and leave a loophole in the system in which someone else might exploit. He also told me that when a matter like this was to ever seriously come up in my life, I really shouldn’t contact him since it isn’t the area of his expertise and should seek an IP attorney. What this shows is how important it is to know what one is doing. There is so much room for a mistake to be made that is highly advised that I should seek professional help, and never try to go at it alone. But I should also definitely stand up for my right and not allow anyone to take advantage over me. People will always try to take an advantage over any given situation, and I should always try to stay on top of such matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment